Erasmus + Edu Larps are next on our list after we have mastered the basics of Edu-Larps with Josefin Westborg. Since Edu-Larps are great learning tools, it is more than welcome to make it possible for youth participants to take part.
How to become part of the Erasmus + with your Edu-Larp project? What are the tips for writing an application for the Erasmus +? What are the challenges to expect during providing Edu-Larps within the Erasmus +? Project structure?
Zbyszek Janczukowicz during his presentation “Edu – Larp Within Erasmus+” answered mentioned and many other questions.
Who is Zbyszek Janczukowicz?
Zbyszek is the founder of Nausika (education foundation),
philosophy and ethics teacher, projects writer, board game creator, animator in discussion club, mythology student, storyteller, and more…
This year he also took a part in managing national and European projects.
He is also enthusiastic about educating others in rural and urban permaculture. How that fit in this subject? Keep reading, we will take you there!
Erasmus + Edu-Larp Nausika’s worlds
Nausika created different worlds with specific settings and tasks: Edinu, Shangri-La, and Gimli.
We will mention some of Edinu, Shangri-La worlds’ benefits:
- Analyze European history in terms of types of migration,
- Step into migrant’s shoes for a few days,
- Raise empathy and intercultural understanding…
Gimli world has a distinct setting and tasks compared with the previous two worlds:
- Personal development and empowerment (Hero’s journey) is a top priority – every participant is a hero, opportunity to feel confident and to try to be a person who they would like to be in a safe environment,
- Community building and leadership skills – developing building skills, surviving in nature,
- Permaculture (that’s where Zbyszek’s permaculture enthusiasm comes up)…
Each world has buildings and interiors for LARPing. Participants are making their own costumes in workshops that are a part of the preparation process. You can check how it all looks here.
Let’s go on.
How to prepare students for Edu-Larp within Erasmus +? Follow us for the next chapter!
Erasmus + Edu-Larps and how to prepare participants
Some primary challenges will be the fact that an extensive amount of participants just got a free visit to a European city, which means next:
- They will probably drink like there is no tomorrow,
- Crash on each other,
- They will keep the focus on up to 1 hour.
Also, keep all EU standards all the time: total inclusion, communication with partners, and at the end participant based evaluation.
Keeping all of this in mind, there are many ways to prepare youth for upcoming Edu-Larp.
Some preparation methods are explaining LARP and safety rules again and again by showing them how, give them a different workshop where they can learn different skills they will need through Edu-Larp activities, go through personality questionnaire and have a psychologist by their side in case of any emotional or psychological difficulties during and after the game.
In the clip, there are 18 methods explained in detail. If you are planning to be a part of Erasmus + Edu-Larp events, we warmly recommend checking the details.
If by now you have decided to create your own Edu-Larp project and apply to Erasmus + program, we are bringing you a few tips.
How to apply to the Erasmus + with your Edu-Larp project?
- Set the educational goals before designing the game
- Take on the perspective of the participants
- Call your national agency – they are ready and open to help
- Use the Keywords of the year – check them in the “Erasmus+ Programme guide 2020”
In the application, it is important to present your Edu-Larp project as innovative but stay clear enough. Be careful about the photos you put in and show through an application that you are offering participants participation in Edu-Larp creating process.
And keep in mind – one unhappy participant can break the project.
Sounds challenging? Well, it is, but it’s also possible.
How to handle these challenges and more details about the mentioned subjects you can find in the Geexus clip above.